Wednesday, November 2, 2011

'Brocket'

Almost three years ago, my mother got a new puppy. It was very tiny and was often cold. My mom solved her problem by carrying the dog around in her 'brocket'. Clever. Since then many girls and women are using their 'brockets' for cell phones, money, lipstick, etc. In fact, I believe my grandma used her 'brocket' for her tissues. So, this idea is actually not new, but very popular. It is so popular, that at the LA County Fair, there was a lady selling bras with pockets! Now, she didn't have my mom's great name, but still, she was selling them =)
So, why am I thinking about his at 5 in the morning? What else should I think about at 5 in the morning while folding laundry?
Mother Theresa came to mind. Do you think she would have stuck her hand down her shirt, IN PUBLIC, IN FRONT OF THE POPE to pull out a list she had made or to get a tissue? NO!!!!!! Are you kidding me. That would have been gross. The media would have had something unpleasant about Mother Theresa to talk about. And what about President Obama or any other male pubic figure? How would you like to see them stick their hands in their UNDERWEAR to get some money? Anybody else here grossed out?!
So the bigger problem is really the lack in class, respect, etc. in our society as a whole. The 'What is convenient for me is what I am going to!' attitude. Our standard of dress and standard about what is acceptable to do and say in public and mixed company has changed. I know I contribute to it, but hopefully I can make some positive changes in my life might just be old-fashioned =)

No comments:

Post a Comment