Friday, October 21, 2011

Mix Matched

Before you read this, please know that today I was working in a garden, pulling weeds in holey jeans, a baggie t-shirt, with hair in a not so great braid, and on the way home, I stopped to shop at Costco. With NO lipstick on (don't tell my mother).

Today at Costco I saw so many women nicely dressed. Their hair was done, make-up looked fresh, clothes all pristine! And next to them were these grungy, unkempt men. It was amazing to me the number of couples I saw. She was on her way to the runway and he was on his way to homelessness. I laughed. Later I was writing this post in my head and it occurred to me that I have had this observation before. Actually, I have had this observation before, but backwards. On Sunday, the men wear suits, with coats, and ties, and are all clean shaven. The women wear knit t-shirt type shirts with jean skirts and flip-flop sandals. Does anyone else find this match-up strange?

No comments:

Post a Comment