Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Mrs. Jennings

I love Jane Austen books. I love the love stories. I am fascinated how the people never talk to each other! In Pride and Prejudice Jane’s own mother asks Elizabeth about what happened while Jane was in London. In Sense and Sensibility there were numerous times when the sisters openly conceal things from each other. No communication. And who is the bad character? Mrs. Jennings who talks! She doesn’t talk bad about anyone, she just talks. So, while I would love to be able to conceal so much, I am more like Mrs. Jennings. Well, I would like to be more like Mrs.Jennings =) Someone who just talks. My problem is that I have opinions, so while I am talking like Mrs. Jennings, I tend to voice those opinions and hence consider myself a gossip =( Sad, but true. And something I am working on! So, the point of this blog post, is that while I have said some horrible things about people (when voicing my opinion), I recently said some non-horrible things about a person I know. These non-horrible things were really expressed concerns that were formulated from information I had from a year and a half ago. Apparently someone told her (super mad message posted to Facebook, followed by threatening comments from her husband, and thus being completely blocked from her). While I say things that people should be mad at me about, this was honestly a mistake. However, she never talked to me personally about it. Only put comments on Facebook and then blocked me (and in my opinion, she should have come to me). So,m in my efforts to be Mrs. Jennings, I will continue to try and keep my opinions to myself to other people about other people, but I will continue to talk and not conceal everything =)

No comments:

Post a Comment